If you are thinking about a career as a Childminder, here is the information you will need to decide whether it is the career for you and what the first steps will be.
The documents on the right hand side of this page will give you lots of things to consider, some of the legal requirements and useful contacts.
Pre-registration meetings are an Ofsted requirement and are meant as a no-obligation information session. They are run in 2 parts to cover the Ofsted requirements and registration process and the EYFS. They are also a good opportunity to ask Early Years Advisers any questions you might have and to meet other prospective Childminders in your area.
If you would like to take the first step and book on to the FREE local pre-registration meetings, the booking form is available to download on the right hand side. The form is a Word document so can be emailed or printed and posted back.
If you decide to go ahead with your application, you will receive details on the next steps by the end of the second meeting. These will be:
- a peadiatric first aid certificate (partly funded by GCC)
- a Health Declaration booklet signed by your GP (surgeries may charge)
- a DBS check for yourself and anyone in your house over 16 years old (price on application)
- CYPOP5 training, from 1st April 2015, this will be a free 3 day course run by GCC Early Years Locality Advisers
- public liability insurance (annual cost which varies according to provider)
- OFSTED registration (annual cost which varies depending on which registers you join)