Any incident, which may or may not constitute a criminal offence, which is perceived by the victim or any other person, as being motivated by hostility or prejudice. (College of Policing, 2014: 3)
Gloucestershire has developed a Hate Crime Strategy to support victims of hate crime and hate incidents. A range of partners, including Gloucestershire Constabulary and Victim Support, form Gloucestershire Hate Crime & Incident Strategic Group. The group are committed to progressing work around hate crime that ensures those affected get a good response and work is undertaken to prevent such incidents.
Gloucestershire monitor the following types of identity related hostility:
• Age (including young and old).
• Disability (including mental ill-health or learning disability).
• Gender (male or female)
• Race (including ethnicity/nationality).
• Religion or belief
• Sexual orientation (including lesbian, gay or bi-sexual).
• Transgender identity (including non-binary or gender fluid)
• Alternative subcultures (eg Goths or Emos)
Who to contact:
Please report all incidents through one of the following routes:
2. Alternative reprting routes
Phone 0800 077 8460
Text HATE to 80800
3. Crimestoppers (witness only)
0800 555 111