Skip to main content

Requesting a EHC Needs Assessment

The Local Authority recommends that anyone wishing to make a request for an EHC needs assessment for a child/young person, follows the graduated pathway process. 

An Education, Health and Care Plan is a statutory plan that has replaced a Statement of SEN.  An EHC Plan may be needed when a child or young person's educational needs cannot be met with the existing additional resource already delegated to the school.  The Local Authority assess this need based on the evidence provided. 

Any Parent carer wishing to request an EHC needs assessment should contact the SEN Casework Team for guidance before making a request.  Requests can be made in writing and sent to the SEN Casework Team at the address below:

SEN Casework Team
Shire Hall
Westgate Street
Gloucester    GL1 2TG

Tel: 01452 427895 

Email for general enquiries:

Requesting a Statutory Assessment application form

Back to top