The Family Information Service is here for you!
We offer a free confidential advice line providing guidance and emotional support on any aspect of parenting and family life
Many families may be finding current circumstances difficult and worrying. Whilst having more time together as a family can be a pleasure, the additional pressures of home schooling, managing your child’s anxiety and not seeing friends and loved ones is a challenge for us all.
We can help you….
- We have time to listen to you. Let us know what is going on for you and what is causing you concern. No worry is too small or too big for us to support you with.
- Once we fully understand your concerns we can think through together how you and your family can overcome your problems. This may involve us recommending someone else to help you, we may help you access useful websites or resources or we might agree together some practical approaches you can try and call you back to see how you got on.
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer legal, financial or medical advice but can always put you in touch with someone who can.
How to contact us….
Our service is available Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm
- Call us free of charge on 0800 542 02 02. If we can’t answer straight away please leave a message and we will call you back.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you the same working day.
- Find us on Facebook –just search for Family Information Service – Gloucestershire and leave us a message.
- Use this directory to look for lots of useful hints, tips and support, simply type in the keyword of a subject you are looking for.
Our contact with you is confidential unless you give us permission to share information with someone else. However, in extreme circumstances such as if the health, safety or welfare of you or someone you tell us about is at significant risk we may need to share. If we need to do this we would always try to speak with you first.
Barnardos See, Hear, Respond
If you are looking for support outside of the Family Information Service operational hours you may be interested in contacting the Barnardos Support Hub. Barnardos See, Hear, Respond is a new service provided across England for children, young people, parents and carers who are experiencing crisis due to Covid 19.
Barnardos project workers can be contacted Monday - Friday 9am-5pm on 0800 157 7015.
Alternatively an online self referral to the service can be completed via https://www.barnardos.org.uk/see-hear-respond