If your family meet the criteria for Free School Meals or you receive working tax credit with an income of no more that £16,190 or you are in receipt of universal credit and have a gross annual household earning of no more than £15,400...
You could be entitled to up to 15 hours a week of Funded early learning childcare at a nursery, childminder or playgroup
To check if you are entitled you can register with Gloucestershire County Council via the Citizen portal to the right of this page, enter your details and if you are entitled you will be given a reference number and email. You will need your National Insurance Number to check eligibility.
If you are unable to access the portal or wish to find out more, contact the Family Information Service on 01452 427362
You may also be entitled to the funding if you meet one of the following criteria and these may be checked by contacting the Family Information Service. Evidence may be required to prove eligiblity.
- They have a Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or SEND My Plan/My Plan+ *including children on the social and communication pathway (SCOMM)
- The child is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
- They are in the care of a Local Authority; they have left care through special guardianship order; child arrangements order or an adoption order.
- Family with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European convention on Human Rights
- Children of Zambrano Carers
- Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – ‘the 1999 Act’
In Gloucestershire we do have facilities to support some families if they meet our local criteria and a referral is completed and returned to the Family Information Service. The referral form must be completed by a practitioner working with the family and the form can be found under the information for practitioners to the right of this page.