This Page Is Under Construction - however in the meantime if you click on 'view all services' you may find information which may be helpful.
Post 16 provision is the fundamental step in young people’s journey to adulthood.
The Post 16 Education Vision for Gloucestershire is to "ensure that there is a sustainable and responsive post 16 system which provides the skills and experience to enable young people to become independent, to play an active part in their community and to move into employment."
In order to achieve this vision there are key principles which need to underpin all strategic decisions. They require a collaborative approach from all stakeholders and a shared common purpose. The key principles are...
Preparation for Adulthood
- The principle of preparation for adulthood applies to all young people.
- Preparation for adulthood should begin in Year 9.
- Young people who need extra support can access it in a timely and coordinated manner.
- Health and social care should be fully integrated within processes.
- All young people are able to access appropriate pathways.
- Gaps in provision should be identified and addressed.
- All provision should lead to progression in preparation for adulthood and/or employability and providers should be held to account for ensuring this progression.
- All provision should provide value for money.
- Provision is signposted correctly to young people.
- All provision pathways should develop transferable employability skills in young people.
- There should be effective employer engagement so that providers and young people are aware of local needs and opportunities.
- There should be community pathways in place for those young people who need them.
- Young people are supported with transition between and within settings to enable high quality post 16 provision.
- Good quality information, advice and guidance (IAG) available to all.
- Parents and carers have good information on available pathways and opportunties and are supported to have high aspirations of young people.
- Prioritise support for children with additional needs from Year 9 onwards and for young adults who will transition to adult social care.
Further information regarding the Post 16 Education can be found using the external link on the left hand side.
In addition, there is a range of useful information contained within the Post 16 section of the Gloucestershire County Council website, which can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Useful resources that can provide information, advice, guidance and support regarding transition to adulthood can be found in the drop-down below.