The Local Authority (LA) supports the effective collaboration between SENCOs and LA professionals through a SENCO Cluster Programme. This support through the Cluster Meetings will help SENCOs to enhance the provision for Gloucestershire's children with SEND, in turn raising their attainment and achievement, accelerating progress and raising their aspirations. Primary and Secondary SENCO Clusters in Gloucestershire are open to all settings, including Alternative Provision and other Special Schools, including the Gloucestershire Hospital Education Service.
Objectives of the meetings are:
To ensure that the clusters:
- Have a positive impact on improving SEND provision and outcomes for Gloucestershire children and young people with SEND.
- Are evaluated and have their effectiveness and impact on the provisions and outcomes for SEND children measured.
- Give SENCOs the opportunity to meet regularly to share and develop good practice within their local area.
- Provide all SENCOs with the same messages and updates about national and local initiatives.
- Provide all SENCOs with the same opportunities to discuss SEND issues with LA Professionals and other schools.
- Provide all SENCOs with the same opportunities for CPD.
- Share strategies and practice that help accelerate the progress of children with SEND.
- Support the implementation of Gloucestershire's Graduated Pathway.
- Each of the Clusters will be co-facilitated by the Lead Advisory Teacher and a local SENCO representative. They will be supported by representatives from other LA teams, including the Educational Psychology Service and SEN Monitoring and School Support Team.
For further information and dates of Cluster Meetings, please visit the SENDCo pages within Schoolsnet, which can be accessed by clicking HERE.