Bartongate Children and Family Centre
Bartongate Children and Family Centre is part of the Gloucester City Targeted Family Support (TFS) Service.
Across the city we have six children and family centres -
- Bartongate in the city centre
- Finlay in Tredworth
- Kaleidoscope in Kingsholm
- The Lighthouse in Linden
- The Link in Matson
- The Oaks in Tuffley
We work by means of a whole family approach with specialist skills and knowledge in working with children pre-birth to 11yrs and their families. Much of our work is done on an one to one basis with families in their homes as an outreach service.
This support is available flexibly at times that suit the needs of families and is available all year round
We also run parenting programmes, adult education courses and targeted support groups from all our centres.
- Contact Name
- Alison Nicholas
- Contact Position
- Strategic Service Lead - CSM
- 01452 417593
- Bartongate Children and Family Centre
- GL1 4AW
Bartongate Children and Family Centre is based on the same site as Widden Primary School
We are open all year round including school holidays
- When is it on
- Open Monday to Friday
- Session Information
8.30am - 5.00pm
- Additional Charges
- All our services are free of charge
- Referral required
- Referral Details
All our referrals come in via the Early Help Front Door.
This central referral process ensures that children, young people and their families are provided with the appropriate support for their individual needs.
We are not able to take on referrals that come through directly to our centres, however, all our staff are happy to assist families in making a self referral
To make a referral:-
Call - 01452 426565
Search - www.glosfamiliesdirectory.org.uk
- Links to further SEND information
Early Outcomes Project
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
4-11 (Primary School)
0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
Five to Thrive
Individual staff trained in a variety of subjects
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements