Gloucestershire Real Nappy Project
- Every day Gloucestershire throws over 86,000 disposable nappies into landfill!
- Landfilling disposal nappies costs Gloucestershire over £100,000 per year!
- It is estimated that disposable nappies could take up to 500 years to rot away!
Why should you choose real nappies?
- Reduce waste - your family can cut its waste in half by switching to real nappies
- Kinder to the environment - reusable nappies produce fewer greenhouse gases in their production, use and eventual disposal than disposable nappies
- Save money - you can save up to £600 by choosing reusable nappies. A baby uses about half a tonne (about 5,000) of disposables from birth to potty (2.5 years average)
Discount vouchers and special offers for real nappies
Discount vouchers, special offer packs, loan kits and talks are offered through the Gloucestershire Real Nappy Project (GRNP). Andrea and Kirstie, the Real Nappy project officers, can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
How to claim your nappy voucher
We offer a £30 cash-back voucher which can be used against the purchase of real nappies. To be eligible for the voucher you must:
- Be a Gloucestershire resident
- Be expecting or have a child under 24 months
- Spend at least £50 on new real nappies at one time, and
- Provide an itemised receipt
There are three ways you can use your real nappy voucher:
- Apply for your voucher, then use it to order the discount pack (see below); or
- Buy your nappies and claim your £30 back; or
- Apply for your voucher and then purchase real nappies.
- Gloucestershire County Council
- GL1 2TG
The Real Nappy Project is administered by Resource Futures, which is based in Bristol. The Outreach Workers visit groups and antenatal classes.
- When is it on
- Please see website for details of talks
- Session Information
Outreach workers deliver informal talks and demonstrations.
- Other notes
Loan kits are available for free to families in Gloucestershire.
They contain a selection of different brands of nappy and are ideal for helping to choose which nappies suit your family's needs.