Next Steps Group supporting adults with learning disabilities
Next Steps Group is an organisation which provides daytime educational life skills & activity classes to adults with learning disabilities. We cater for adults with Autism, Down's Syndrome or Acquired Brain Injury. The classes are delivered by highly experienced qualified specialist teachers in a thoughtful and safe environment. We also provide excellent Art & Craft classes which are very popular delivered by a qualified Art Teacher. Please visit our website and watch our informational video, which will explain what we do. Classes will be offered in Gloucestershire (e.g. in facilities such as the Phoenix Centre in Cheltenham) on a first come first serve basis. Please contact Andrew Wills for further information.
- Contact Name
- Mr Andrew Wills
- Contact Position
- Founder Of Next Steps Group
- 07860 198 224
- Horizon Community Hub
- WR5 1DS
The Horizon Community Hub is part of The Worcester Community Trust, it has excellent facilities which are perfect for us to deliver our classes. It is central to Worcester and easily accessible with parking.
- When is it on
- Classes run every Friday from 6th September 2019, 10am - 3pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
Literacy with main emphasis on Art & Crafts ( Packed lunch required)
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £40 per session
- Referral required
- Referral Details
If you are interested in finding out more about our services you can either contact us directly by phone (07860 198 224) or you can e mail us directly via our website. We will take some basic details and discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have.
- Other notes
We are proud members of the Down's Syndrome Association.
We mainly operate out of Worcester but are looking to expand into other areas as well
- Local Offer Details
We can provide our services to people from 18 to any age.
- Contact Name
- Andrew Wills
- Contact Telephone
- 07860 198 224
- Contact Email
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 18-25 (Young Adults)
- How accessible is your service?
At the Horizon Community Hub, we have disabled access and parking as it is a pert of the Worcester Community Trust
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
Our teaching staff are all qualified teachers who are currently working at Worcester College and have all the required training.
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements