Glenfall Community Primary School
Glenfall School is on the Charlton Kings side of Cheltenham and overlooking the Cotswold hills, Glenfall offers high-quality infant and junior education together with a pre-school, breakfast and after-school clubs. Glenfall Community Primary School is a local authority primary school catering for children of four to eleven year of age.
The school’s highly committed staff strive to bring out the best in every pupil, believing in the education of the ‘whole’ child. High academic standards are combined with all-round attainment in and enjoyment of a wide variety of activities including technology, the arts, music and sport.
Glenfall is a ‘caring’ school where all children are welcome, where they feel secure and valued, and where parents are fully involved. The culture of the school demands high standards of behaviour and encourages pupils to learn self-discipline and to be sensitive to the needs of others.
Set in attractive grounds with both an excellent pre-school group, breakfast and an after-school care club, Glenfall provides a complete educational package and a stimulating environment. Children develop their full potential before progressing to one of a wide range of local secondary schools.
- Contact Name
- Mr A Mitchell
- Contact Position
- Head Teacher
- 01242 234055
- GL52 6XZ
- Local Offer Details
Glenfall Community Primary School sees the inclusion of children identified as having special educational needs as an equal opportunities issue, and we will aim to model inclusion in our staffing policies, relationships with parents/carers and the community. We follow the Code of Practice for SEN. We make ‘reasonable adjustments’ to support SEN pupils and are mindful of the school community as a whole.
The Inclusion Coordinator is Mrs Isobel Rutt, who also takes the lead role in relation to SEN, G&T and Assessment and as a member of the SMT reports regularly to staff, management and governors.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Isobel Rutt - Inclusion Co-ordinator
- Contact Telephone
- 01242 234055
- Contact Email
- Links to further SEND information
Glenfall Community Primary School SEN Information Report
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 4-11 (Primary School)
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
- The INCO attends regular meetings to update and revise developments in Special Needs Education and Inclusion.
- Meeting additional needs and Inclusion issues are targeted four times a year through the school’s Rapid attainment Plan and Achievement For All Needs Analysis. In-Service training and individual professional development is arranged to match these targets.
- In-house additional needs and Inclusion training is provided through staff meetings and weekly teaching assistant meetings.
- All staff have access to professional development opportunities and are able to apply for additional needs or Inclusion training where a need is identified either at an individual pupil or whole class level.
- Support staff are encouraged to extend their own professional development and the management team will ensure ‘tailor-made’ training where this is appropriate. All teaching assistants have annual performance management.
- Local Offer file
Download more Local Offer details for
Glenfall Community Primary School here...