CAMHS Parent Support Team
The CAMHS Parent Support Team facilitate 9-12-week sessions for parents to:
- Come together in a safe space, with common ground.
- Discuss some of the challenges they are facing with their children.
- Share personal experiences.
- Discuss what works well in families.
- Think about what strategies are already in place that we can build on, to cope with and manage some of the difficult situations.
- What we can do to support our children when things get tough for them.
The facilitators will provide relevant evidence-based course materials to work through each week which provide ideas, promote discussion and give tools as reminders to notice the good times that happen within our families and very importantly, how we can look after ourselves.
- Contact Name
- Parent Support Team
- 01452 894320
- Parenting Programme Office, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS),
Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service, Acorn House
- GL1 3PX
- Local Offer Details
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
4-11 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
Relevant staff within the service will take up the training on the changes for SEND that is being arranged and offered.
Some staff have profession specific training that will allow them to carry out assessments that would be consistent within the SEND remit.
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements