Woodside Pre-School Group (Little Dormice)
Our pre-school setting is led by our EYFS Teacher and sessions are run by our two highly qualified and experienced teaching assistants. The setting is open to any child over the age of 3yrs and attendance does not guarantee a place at the school. The provision is inspected as part of the school Ofsted inspection. Where appropriate children are integrated into the life of the school and reception class. For example they go on 'wellie walks' with the reception children and have lunch in the school hall. They have separate 'Early Years-friendly' room and use our lovely outdoors areas like our playground field adventure playground and out door classroom. The group has their own outdoor play area. Local private nurseries can collect children at 3 pm for after school care. We provide a Breakfast Club from 7.45am until 8:45 am which is used by Early Years and school aged children and costs £3.90 a session. This Provider has signed Gloucestershire County Council’s Agreement to offer the free 15hrs for 2, 3 & 4 year olds and up to 30hrs of the free government entitlement for 3 & 4 year olds.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Mel Davis
- Contact Position
- Head Teacher
- 01594 542287
- Woodside Pre-School Group (Little Dormice)
Woodside County Primary School Brierley Road
- GL17 9XP
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.90 for additional hours over the 15 (or 30) funded per hour
- Other notes
Our school is consistently judged as GOOD by Ofsted (latest inspection March 2018).
- Childcare type
- Pre-School Playgroup
- Ofsted URN
- Number of Places at Setting
- Childcare times
- Monday to Friday : 0900 to 1500
- Number of Weeks Open
- The setting is open : for 40 weeks During term-time
- Vacancy information
- This setting is open from 9am to 3pm. Children can attend either mornings (to include the lunch hour if wanted) afternoons or any combination of ; morning session from 9am - 12pm lunchtime session from 12pm-1pm and afternoon session from 1pm to 3pm.The school also run a breakfast club where they can accommodate younger children if required. Please contact for further details.The school also run a Toddler Group for parents and younger children to attend on a Friday morning.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Jeavons (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator)
- Contact Telephone
- 01594 542287
- Contact Email
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
4-11 (Primary School)
0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
Trained staff and SENDCo
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements