Buds to Bloom Limited
- Contact Name
- Lisa Price or Sarah James
- Contact Position
- 01594 368330
Will work in partnership with other childcare providers
- Buds to Bloom Limited
The Old Vicarage Church Road
- GL15 5EG
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.50 per hour
- Childcare type
- Pre-School Playgroup
- Ofsted URN
- Number of Places at Setting
- 49 children per day
- Childcare times
- Monday to Friday : 0830 to 1530
- Number of Weeks Open
- The setting is open : All year for 50 weeks
- Vacancy information
- Please contact provider for vacancies details
- Local Offer Details
What Systems and strategies do we have in place to identify children who have special educational needs?
- We operate a Key Person system at the setting to ensure we build good relationships with our parents and the family unit. We also have an 'open door' approach to allow parents to speak to staff in an informal manner and we also have regular parent consultations.
- After completing a number of observations if we feel that there may be a concern for a child we would arrange to meet with the parents at a time that is convenient, either at the setting or at the family home.
- We use a range of strategies; through observations over a short period of time, using development stages, discussions with parents to gain an insight within the home environment, sharing information with other settings (if shared child) team meetings with all staff that have contact with child, including Key Person and SENCO.
- We have good links with River Children Centre in Lydney and the Speech and Language Therapist arranges visits to the setting to observe children within session.
- We have regular in-house training and staff meetings to share information of individual children and their needs. Joint observations are also conducted with the SENCO and strategies are jointly planned to how best to support the child and their needs.
- Contact Name
- Contact Telephone
- 07546 804442
- Contact Email
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
- How accessible is your service?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide wheelchair access due to the inclusion of stone steps at the front door
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
Our SENCo has been in this role for 10 years and successfully completed the Gloucestershire County Council SENCo Training. The majority of the staff have completed the Total Communication training and Makaton is an integral part of the daily routine.
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements