SENDIASS Gloucestershire provides information, advice and support on matters relating to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The service is offered to parents and carers of children and young people aged between 0 and 25 years old. Young people aged 16 - 25 can also contact the service directly.
SENDIASS Gloucestershire provides free, confidential and impartial advice to parents and young people between the ages of 16 and 25. They can help parents play an active and informed role in their child / young person’s education.
SENDIASS Advisers can:
- Provide information and advice on the telephone
- Meet you in person to discuss your concerns
- Help you to prepare for meetings, appeals and tribunals
- Support you to attend meetings
- Help you to prepare for transport, exclusion and admissions appeals
- Support you to attend transport, exclusion and admission appeal hearings
- Help to explain reports written by professionals
- Explain the Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment process
- Provide a range of written literature
- Provide advice on matters such as SEN support, starting or changing schools, attendance, bullying, home to school transport, exclusions
- Help you to prepare for Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Tribunals
- With parents' permission liaise with schools and other agencies
- Signpost to other sources of help
- Contact Name
- Britt Fox
- Contact Position
- Manager & Senior Adviser
0800 158 3603
Facebook: SENDIASS Gloucestershire
- Messenger House
35 St .Michael's Square
- GL1 1HX
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Session Information
All year round.
- Additional Charges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The service is offered to parents and carers of children who have special educational needs (SEN) or additional needs (aged 0-25 years)
The service is also offered to young people between the ages of 16 and 25
Parents and young people may self-refer at any time
- Local Offer Details
SENDIASS Gloucestershire provides information, advice and support on matters relating to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The service is offered to parents and carers of children and young people aged between 0 and 25 years old.
The service is also available to young people between the ages of 16 and 25.
Accessibility - the building is fully accessible and there is a lift and a disabled toilet.
- Contact Name
- Britt Fox / Karin Young
- Contact Telephone
- 0800 158 3603 (freephone)
- Contact Email
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
4-11 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)
0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
Qualified Teacher Status
MEd Inclusive Education
MSc Criminological Psychology
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements