ABLEize - Disability & Special Needs Resource
ABLEize is a non profit directory run by the disabled providing disability and special needs local and national resources for people with disabilities, their family members and carers. ABLEize we created in 2006 and has built up a vast range directory of sites and services easily accessible with details of support, care services, sports, the arts, education and much more all aimed at disabled and special needs adults and children.
As well as providing national sites or resources of interest, ABLEize provided dedicated listings for all regions. Gloucestershire Disability Resources are included throughout the directory as well as a dedicated Gloucestershire Disabled Clubs section with a dedicated section offering details of Gloucestershire Support Groups just follow the highlighted link.
Subjects of local and national interest can be searched from the front page of ABLEize but for the convenience of visitors of this site we have included a short cut to the most viewed sections of ABLEize.
Dedicated Mental Health Support for anybody in Gloucestershire during or after Covid-19 including remote support can be found here.
- Children's Disability Resources
- Disabled Children's Holidays
- Cooking and Eating Aids
- Special Needs Clothing
- Disability Arts
- Children's Charities
- Disabled Accessible Holidays
- Mastectomy Products
- Special Needs Footwear
- Special Needs Education
- Arthritis Care Treatment
- Wheelchair Access Canal Boats
- Multi Sensory Play Therapy
- Disability Sports
- Incontinence Clothes
ABLEize also provides details of a range of disability products and services that are vital to many disabled people throughout the UK, a brief example of these are below:
- Dressing Aids
- Home Automation for the Disabled
- Home Visiting Opticians
- All Terrain Wheelchairs
- Disabled Wheelchair Vehicles
- Wheelchair Transfer Hoist
- Disabled Injury Lawyers
- Disability Insurance
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Disabled Vehicle Adaptions
ABLEize is grateful to the Glosfamilies directory for assisting with ensuring disabled and special needs people, their family and carers have access to the information and resources they require.
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- Site Coordinator
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Contact Email
- Links to further SEND information
Disability Access Audit
ABLEize Disability Blog
Mobility Aids Reviews
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
Gloucestershire Disability Fund
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
- Who is your service for?
- Local Offer Age Bands
4-11 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)
0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)
- Is the building fully wheelchair accessible?
- Is there disabled changing and toilet facilities?
- Describe any training or experience you/your staff, have had or are having in issues around SEND?
N/A to internet directory
- Have any members of you/your team had experience of working with children and young people with the following disabilities/additional needs?
- a) young people with autistic spectrum disorders
- b) young people who use alternative communication methods
- c) young people with learning difficulties/disabilities whose behaviour challenges us
- d) young people with complex physical/medical requirements